Covid-19: Coronavirus Policy
Covid-19: Coronavirus Policy
You must not knowingly come on an event if you have any symptoms of Covid-19. If you experience any symptoms, or are tested positive for Covid-19 within 10 days following your event, it is your responsibility to inform DaysAway Adventures immediately so that other people in your group and your group leader can get tested and self-isolate to prevent spreading infection to other clients.
We strongly recommend that you download the French 'Stop Covid' Track & Trace App before attending an event and have it activated during an event.
As we have less than 50 people on our events, you do not currently need a Health Pass to attend one of our events. However, if we visit a restaurant, as part of an event, a Health Pass will be required.
Please scan or click the image below to take you to the Tous Anti-Covid app download page:
It is a requirement in France to wear a face mask inside vehicles when sharing with others and inside buildings. There is a personal €135 fine for not doing so. Please respect our leaders and each other by following this Government requirement.
1. Whilst undertaking an outdoor activity with us:
- Keep a space between yourself and other people who are not in your direct family group
- You must provide your own drinking water bottles
- You must provide your own hand sanitizer
- When resting you must be 2m apart from anyone not in your family group, as per social distancing requirements in France
- Any first aid required will be done by yourselves under supervision of the leader unless immediate intervention is required in which case your leader will wear a face mask and gloves. You must also wear your face mask.
- Any equipment you borrow from us will be thoroughly sanitized after every use
2. Whilst using transport provided by DaysAway Adventures
- You must provide your own face mask and wear it at all times inside the vehicle.
- You must provide your own sanitizer and sanitize your hands before touching and getting into the vehicle
- Please let your driver open and close doors and operate folding seats
- All hard surfaces will be sanitized between different groups including door handles & seat belts
- Spare face masks and hand sanitizer are carried in our vehicles
We are allowed to transport 8 people plus the driver in our 9-seater vehicles as long as face masks are worn at all times. If you are not comfortable about sharing, we understand and you are welcome to use your own vehicle at your own cost. We are generally only in the vehicles for up to half an hour at a time.
3. Cancellation of an event due to Covid-19
We recognise that a number of our clients book an event with us when they are visiting the area whilst on holiday. We therefore appreciate that some cancellations may result as a direct result of border closures, travel restrictions or bans between France and the country you are travelling from.
If you cancel a booking due to a valid Covid-19 related reason (as listed below):
We will issue a full credit voucher for the amount you have already paid, which will be valid for use for up to 24 months. You will also be able to transfer this voucher to another named person after agreement with us.
We will not be able to issue a monetary refund, you must ensure that you have adequate cancellation insurance to cover this situation.
No other compensation or refund will be paid
Valid Reasons include:
French border closures between France & the country you are travelling from
French Travel Restrictions or bans between France & the country you are travelling from or between French departments
If we have been required to close by the French/Local Authorities
If you or a member of your party has Covid-19 or Covid-19 related symptoms
In order to qualify, these restrictions will apply during the period of 2 weeks, or less, prior to the start date of the event you have booked. For all other cancellations our normal Terms & Conditions apply.
No other restrictions including, but not limited to: Home country travel bans, mandatory quarantines, closure of ski resorts (closure of the local ski resort is NOT a valid reason for cancellation as we operate independently of the resort) etc., shall count as a valid reason to cancel, due to a Covid-19 related issue, an event booked with us. In all other cases, our normal cancellation terms & conditions apply.
Due to the constantly evolving situation concerning Covid-19, we reserve the right to amend these Covid-19 specific Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will be immediately notified to all clients that have booked and paid for a future event with us.
Last updated: 01/12/2021